Emergency Service: When should I call 9-1-1?
- Any life threatening emergency, whether injury, illness, or fire
- Any time you are not able to help yourself or someone else
- Any potentially dangerous situation.
Non-Emergency Response/Service: When should I call 247-5859?
- Situations that are not life-threatening when no one is likely to be hurt or injured:
- Traffic Crashes with no injuries
- Barking dogs
- Loud Noise (parties, music)
- Minor Vandalism
DO NOT CALL 9-1-1 FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- To report power outage
- To ask for any phone numbers
- To request transportation
- To speak to an officer or detective
- For information pertaining to court dates or ticket information
For Loss of Electricity 24/7, call JEA at (904) 665-6000
For Public Utilities Emergencies 24/7, call (904) 247-5834