Recreation Programs & Activities
Oceanside Rotary Skate Park is located at 800 Seminole Road in Jack Russell Park.
Skate Park hours are 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. The Skate Park will be closed during inclement weather/rain and any time the bowl surface is wet.
CAMPING, FISHING & HIKING
Gather around the campfire with a few friends/family or meet a small group at the campsite, either way camping at Dutton Island will be an adventure you won’t forget. Camping on Dutton Island is "primitive" - no electricity or water at campsites. Fire rings/pits are available at campsites only. Permit required to camp ($25 + tax per site/night) Click here for Application (Applicant minimum age requirement - 21).
Bring your fishing poles and join fellow fishermen on the pier as you take in nature’s beauty at Dutton Island and catch a fish "this big!"
View the Camping Rules, Contact the Recreation Office at 904-247-5828 for further information. Fax application to 904-242-3437 or submit via email at end of application.
Recreational Opportunities around the Beaches
The City of Atlantic Beach offers a number of recreational activities at various parks and community centers throughout the year.
See our Calendar of Events for more information on City events.
Recreation opportunities include:
- Baseball, T-ball and Softball (Atlantic Beach Athletic Association)
- First Coast Soccer Association
- Flag Football (spring & fall) Click here for application
- Public Beaches-Dog Friendly on leash
- Camping Dutton Island Preserve (primitive group camp site)
- 5 sites currently available
- Canoe/kayak trail
- Paddle Board/Kayak guided tours available
- Nature Viewing
- Picnic Pavilions
- Oceanside Rotary Skate Park (Russell Park)
- Racquetball courts (Russell Park)
- Senior Activities
- Soccer (Russell, Rose, Donner Parks)
- Theater Classes/Workshops for Adults & Children
- Yoga (Adults & Children)
- Public computer use at the Adele Grage Cultural Center, Baker Center, and Jordan Center
Department of Recreation & Special Events
Adele Grage Cultural Center
716 Ocean Blvd, Atlantic Beach, Florida 32233
Email the Recreation Department
Timmy Johnson, Director
Veronica Richard, Recreation Associate
Dee Davis, Recreation Coordinator, Jordan Community Center
Latrenia Thomas, Recreation Coordinator, Baker Community Center