COAB BUILDING DEPARTMENT COVID-19 UPDATE
These are unprecedented times and we are trying to continue plan review and building inspections while keeping everyone safe. Our guidelines will probably change, as the situation evolves. We will appreciate your patience and cooperation.
CITY HALL LOBBY IS CURRENTLY CLOSED to the public. Please call (904) 247-5800 with questions, and see below for more information.
- PERMIT SUBMITTALS LESS THAN 5 PAGES can be submitted via email to Building-Dept@coab.us. All permit documents MUST be attached in PDF format.
- PERMIT SUBMITTALS MORE THAN 5 PAGES can now be submitted to our FTP site, please click here for upload instructions. All permit documents MUST be PDF format.
- Incomplete application documents, incomplete submittals, or documents not in PDF format will NOT be processed. You will be notified via email if your permit submittal is incomplete.
- Please provide an email address AND telephone number on permit applications. You will be notified via email when your permit is approved with instructions to pay over the phone with a Visa or MasterCard. Your approved permit will be emailed to you after payment.
- INSPECTIONS- We are suspending all inspections in occupied buildings. Onsite inspections will be done at the inspectors’ discretion, based on the situation and safety concerns for everyone involved. Please honor the 6-foot social distance rule. The inspector may ask that the inspected area be cleared, for a short time, for everyone’s safety.
- VIDEO INSPECTIONS - We are suspending all inspections in occupied buildings. Our inspectors will be using Zoom Video Conferencing for video inspections. More information will be forthcoming, please check this page for updates.