The Atlantic Beach City Commission approved the following street-paving projects to begin in May 2019. The project scope of work is to mill 1.5” of Asphalt and Apply 1.5” of Type S-III Asphalt at the following locations:
1. 3rd Street (from Beach Ave. to Ocean Blvd.)
2. 11th Street (from Beach Ave. to Beach Access)
3. Beach Avenue (from 20th St. south along wall)
4. Ocean Boulevard (from 1st St. to 10th St.)
5. Royal Palms Drive (from Triton Rd. to Plaza Dr.)
6. Camelia Street (from Levy Rd. to W. 14th St.)
7. W. 11th Street (from Orchid St. to Mayport Rd.)
8. Russell Park (from Parking Lot to Concession Stand)
9. Jackson Road (from Francis Ave. to Mayport Rd.)
10. 14th Street (from Beach Ave. to Ocean Blvd.)
11. Beachcomber Trail (from Oceanwalk S. to Oceanwalk N.)
12. East Coast Drive (form 10th Street to Seminole Road)
13. 2nd Street (from Beach Avenue to Beach Access)
Painted yellow centerlines, painted white edge lines, pavement markers, stop bars and rumble strips are included in the bid price at specific locations where they currently exist. Valve box and/or manhole cover adjustments are included in the bid price. The Contractor is given 60 calendar days to complete the project after receipt of written Notice to Proceed.
The City Commissoin awarded Bid 1819-03 to Preferred Materials, Inc. in the amount of $228,098.83, and authorized the City Manager to execute the contract as well as approve milling and paving of additional roadways as the budgeted funds will allow (up to $325,000) while the contractor is mobilized on the job.