June 5, 2018, 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM @ Commission Chamber of City Hall
THIS EVENT IS POSTPONED TO 5:30 P.M. WEDNESDAY, JUNE 20
The City of Atlantic Beach will host a Sea Turtle Workshop with the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission and Beaches Sea Turtle Patrol from 5:30 to 7 p.m.in the City Commission Chamber of City Hall, 800 Seminole Road.
Workshop highlights will include:
- Basic overview of what the Beaches Sea Turtle Patrol does for sea turtles in the community
- Brief overview of sea turtles in Florida, nesting and hatching, and how lighting affects sea turtles
- What a disorientation is and how they're documented
- The Golden Rules of wildlife friendly lighting, how to determine if lighting is turtle friendly, and how to correct lighting that is not turtle friendly
- Lighting ordinance enforcement and compliance tips and tricks
- Safety, security and Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) with turtle-friendly lighting
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
June 5, 2018, 6:00 PM @ Commission Chamber
This meeting has been cancelled and rescheduled for June 4, 2018 at 6 p.m.
June 5, 2018, 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM @ Adele Grage Gallery
Enjoy walking through the gallery as the abstract paintings of Sharon Westbrook allow you to escape into her artistic beauty.
June 5, 2018, 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM @ Gail Baker Center
Senior citizens gather together to play the classic game of BINGO with refreshments and prizes. Join in on the fun and bring a friend too.
Free transportation available with 48 hr. notice by calling 904-247-5851.