City Manager Recruitment/Selection Process and Timeline
Aug. 20, 2019
The City of Atlantic Beach is seeking to fill the City Manager position, which will become vacant Oct. 5, 2019, with the retirement of Joe Gerrity.
Following is the City Manager selection process that has been identified by the City Commission:
- Aug. 12 – The City Commission agreed to advertise the position internally from Tuesday, Aug. 13 until 9 a.m. Monday, Aug. 19.
- Aug. 19 – One internal candidate, Planning and Community Development Director Shane Corbin, applied for the City Manager position. At its Aug. 19 workshop, the City Commission agreed by consensus that Mr. Corbin meets the qualifications delineated in the City Charter and will be interviewed for the City Manager position. Also by consensus, the City Commission set forth the following process and timeline:
- Aug. 20-28 – Staff is conducting due diligence on Mr. Corbin’s background and references. If desired, City Commission members will individually interview Mr. Corbin.
- Aug. 29 (6 to 7:30 p.m.) – The City will host a public meet-and-greet with Mr. Corbin at Adele Grage Cultural Center.
- Sept. 3 (6:30 p.m.) – The City Commission will hold a special-called, noticed meeting for the purpose of collectively interviewing Mr. Corbin and, potentially, taking action on the city manager appointment.
This timeline is subject to change. Meanwhile, if Mr. Corbin is not selected as City Manager, it is anticipated that the position will be advertised externally, resulting in a new process and timeline being established.
The City Commission would appreciate the public’s input during this process. Here is how to contact the City Commission members.
- Ellen Glasser (Mayor, Seat 1): firstname.lastname@example.org; (904) 472-6262
- Cindy Anderson (Commissioner, Seat 2): email@example.com; (904) 247-7410
- Blythe Waters (Commissioner, Seat 3): firstname.lastname@example.org; (904) 234-3361
- Candace Kelly (Commissioner, Seat 4): email@example.com; (904) 859-4387
- Brittany Norris (Commissioner, Seat 5): firstname.lastname@example.org; (904) 452-5066
All City Commission members can be emailed simultaneously at email@example.com.