We want your input! Please attend the upcoming Community Input Workshops on the City’s proposed Green Works Community Action Plan on May 19 (Topics: Energy & Climate; Green Building & Infrastructure; Natural Systems & Ecology; and Water) and May 26 (Topics: Quality of Life/Livability; Solid Waste, Transportation & Land Use; and Governance, Community Outreach & Education). The workshops are from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. and 4-6 p.m. both days. We are looking for feedback on strategies, near and short-term milestones, and goals with target dates. Refreshments will be provided.
The City’s Community Action Plan will identify actions/strategies to:
- reduce energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions in AB
- encourage the design, construction, retrofit, and operations and maintenance of green buildings and infrastructure in AB
- protect and restore the natural systems and ecology in AB
- encourage water conservation and protect and enhance water quality in AB
- improve the Quality of Life and Livability in AB
- reduce waste generation and increase waste diversion from landfill (e.g., rethink, reduce, compost, recycle, etc) in AB
- reduce vehicle miles traveled and emissions from transportation and improve land use impacts that support sustainability and resiliency in AB
RSVPs to the workshops are requested but not required (so we know who is attending in person versus zoom and how much food to order).