How to: Make a Complaint Against an Officer

If you observe an officer doing something that you believe is questionable or inappropriate, then you are encouraged to immediately contact his/her supervisor by telephone at (904) 247-5859. If the supervisor is not immediately available, please leave your name and telephone number and the supervisor will call you back. If the complaint involves serious misconduct, then you may contact Commander Tiffany Layson at (904) 247-5876 or The purpose of the Internal Affairs Division is to insure the continued confidence of the community by upholding the integrity of the department. Members of this unit vigorously investigate all complaints with the understanding that a thorough investigation will not only bring to light any misconduct or inappropriate activity, but will also protect employees and the department from unfounded and unwarranted accusations.

Show All Answers

1. How to: View Crime Statistics for Atlantic Beach
2. How to: Obtain a copy of a Report
3. How to: Report a Crime
4. How to: Pay a Traffic Citation
5. How to: Pay a Parking or Animal Control Citation
6. How to: Obtain Fingerprints
7. How to: Check on an Investigation
8. How to: Hire an Off-Duty Officer
9. How to: Commend an Officer
10. How to: Make a Complaint Against an Officer
11. How to: Request Additional Traffic Enforcement
12. How to: Request a Street Light
13. How to: Request of Traffic Control (Stop Sign or Traffic Light)
14. How to: Make a Suggestion or Recommendation
15. What are the rules for operating a Low Speed Vehicle?